Find a Provider

South Sound 2-1-1:

For help finding Behavioral Health  services and resources in Pierce County South Sound 2-1-1 can also help you find other community services and resources. All calls are confidential.
To find the resources you need, simply dial 2-1-1
The South Sound 211 call center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 4:00 with 24-hour voice mail. To find the resources you need, simply dial 211. You can also get connected by downloading the WIN 211 app

South Sound 211 Flyer

Washington State Mental Health Referral Service for Children and Teens

How to Use the Mental Health Referral Service
Call 833-303-5437 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or, complete an online request.

What can families expect?

    • First, you have a telephone call (15–20 minutes) with a Referral Specialist to chat about what type of mental health services your child/teen needs.
    • Next, the Referral Specialist will research mental health providers in your area to find at least 2 providers that meet your family’s needs.
    • After matches are found, a referral specialist will call and email the information to you to coach how to access a provider in real-time.
    • A few weeks after providing the referrals, the referral specialist will check if the matches were a good fit and an appointment was scheduled. At this time, we will address any barriers you experienced and match you to another provider as needed.
    • Our service works closely with Primary Care Providers throughout WA State and faxes the referral matches to your PCP for care coordination. For families with Apple Health insurance, referral matches are sent to Apple Health case managers to provide additional care support.

visit website

A Common Voice. C.O.P.E. Project

Offers family classes to help with communication between family members that experience behavioral health issues. More information can be found at: For more questions or information contact them at or 253.537.2145

Exceptional Family Member Program

EFMP Family Support Services offer elective nonclinical case management and we support families with accessing their health coverage, IEP/504, review respite options, etc. EFMP is a DOD program for all branches of service. Our EFMP team is embedded in the teams at JBLM CARES Autism Center, the Wounded Warrior Recovery Unit, and also on McChord. We do virtual, in person meetings at schools and homes at the discretion of all parties.

It is required to be enrolled so the military family (on active orders) is always assigned to an installation where they may receive care within 100 miles. However, our family support services are elective for any branch and any medical condition.

Contact Your Insurance Provider:

Behavioral Health Services eligibility is often determined by your insurance coverage.

Many insurance companies have the benefit of behavioral health case management. Behavioral health case management can assist with locating services for your child or youth.

If you have a commercial plan such as Regence, Blue Cross Blue Shield, First Choice or Kaiser here is a link to behavioral health locator and case management services for many commercial plans.

Washington has transitioned to integrated managed care which allows services to be coordinated through a single health plan including mental health and substance use disorder treatment. If you or your youth are Medicaid eligible you should contact your Managed Care Organization (MCO) for care coordination and case management needs. Here is contact information for the MCO’s:

Wellpoint Member services

Coordinated Care Member Services:

Molina Member Services:

United Healthcare Member Services:

If you do not know your Medicaid plan or need help finding a provider that accepts Medicaid insurance call the Washington Health Care Authority (HCA) at 1-800-562-3022 or Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.

Web link for information on care plans and coverage:

What is Family Initiated Treatment?

In Washington State, adolescents (ages 13-17) have the right to receive behavioral health services with or without their parents’ consent. Parents and guardians also have the right to get behavioral health services for their adolescent without the adolescent’s consent, if a behavioral health professional determines these services are medically necessarily. Family-initiated treatment offers a time-limited opportunity for behavioral health professionals to engage an adolescent with an end goal of having them agree to continued treatment voluntarily.

What is Family Initiated Treatment

What information can my child/youth’s behavioral health provider share?

Washington state law about what information mental health professionals can share has changed. Mental health providers are now allowed to communicate some adolescents’ (age 13-17) treatment information to parents, if the provider believes that sharing this information would benefit the treatment process. This includes sharing information through Family Initiated Treatment (FIT).

It is important for adolescents to feel comfortable sharing their private information with their therapist. Mental Health disclosure form